We are looking for a part-time field organizer!
Email applications to: email@example.com
Statewide Field Organizer
The Wyoming Promise Statewide Field Organizer (SFO) will lead and coordinate volunteers across Wyoming working to execute the “Free and Fair Elections” ballot initiative. Under direction of the Steering Committee, the SFO will coordinate county-level team leaders, spearhead volunteer recruitment efforts, and otherwise help organize the successful ballot initiative to get dark money out of politics.
Wyoming Promise volunteers are organized into county-level teams that gather signatures from registered voters via door-to-door canvassing and at events. The SFO will be responsible for helping to coordinate these activities, identify opportunities, and work with our data managers to track the initiative’s progress.
The most effective field organizers are enjoy active days, hands-on work, and sharing their passion with others. They should also possess strong leadership skills, the ability to effectively communicate with Wyoming’s electoral community, and an inclination to collaborate with other organizations.
The SFO will begin as a part-time, 15 – 20 hour per week position, but will have the potential to expand into a full-time role.
Payment is commensurate with experience. Benefits include one week paid vacation after three months of work.
Wyoming Promise is based in Laramie, but has strong following in other parts of the state.
– Direct voter contact gathering signatures
– Use the Voter Activation Network (VAN) to work with data
– Work with county-level leaders to prepare volunteers for canvassing
– Work with Steering Committee to help develop and fundraising strategies
– Oversee progress of county-level teams
– Organize local Wyoming Promise events throughout the state
– Attend all necessary meetings
– Assist social media and communications efforts as needed
Education/Training: Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: The preferred candidate will have a minimum of six months in a leadership role and familiarity with best practices for civic engagement and outreach. Alternatively, candidates should be willing to attend trainings on leadership, outreach, and organizing best practices.
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong leadership abilities
– Problem-solving, management, and interpersonal skills
– Passion for campaign finance reform
– Ability to travel throughout the state
Please email a two-page resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org